World’s top 10 agricultural universities in 2017
The recently published World University Rankings 2017 sees Britain’s Reading University as one of top 10 places to study agriculture globally.
Independently compiled by media, events and software company QS Quacquarelli Symonds and published each year, the list is based on measures of academic reputation, employability of graduates and citations of published research.
It is the first time the Berkshire-based institute has made the top 10 and reflects its excellent reputation for research and education in the areas of agriculture, food, nutrition, health and climate change.
The next best British university is Aberystwyth in 52nd place, closely followed by its Welsh counterpart Bangor.
Dutch institute Wageningen University holds on to the top spot for the second consecutive year.
Top 10 universities to study agriculture and forestry
- Wageningen University, Wageningen, Netherlands
- University of California, Davis, California, US
- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York State, US
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
- University of California, Berkeley (UCB), California, US
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin, US
- Michigan State University, Lansing, Michigan, US
- Purdue University, Lafayette, Indiana, US
- AgroParis Tech, Paris, France
- University of Reading, Reading, UK